Sodium Propionate is the sodium salt of propionic acid which has the chemical formula Na(C2H5COO).
ReactionsIt is produced by the reaction of propionic acid and sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide.
White crystalline solid or powder
Name of index
White crystalline or crystalline powder
White crystalline hygroscopic powder, or a fine white powder
pH (10 % aqueous solution)
Heavy metals ≤%
Alkalinity (as Na2CO3)
Passes test (about 0.15%)
Loss on drying ≤%
Water insoluble ≤%
1. Sodium Propionate is used as liquid sodium propionate wet type acid preservatives, its bacteriostasis affected by PH environment.
2. Sodium Propionate is bounded agent in leather-making so as to improve the uniformity of the alkali resistance force and the tanning of leather.
3. Sodium Propionate can be used as food preservative, sodium acid and acid type, its bacteriostatic effect is influenced by environmental pH value.
4. Sodium Propionate also can be used as food, feed, and anti-corrosion, fungicide.
5. Sodium Propionate also can be used as cosmetics preservatives. To the mold and yeast, it has broad antibacterial effect.
It is used as a food preservative and is represented by the food labeling E number E281 in Europe; it is used primarily as a mold inhibitor in bakery products. It is approved for use as a food additive in the EU,USA and Australia and New Zealand(where it is listed by its INS number 281).
Payment term: T/T 30% in advance and T/T 70% against copy of B/L. or 100% L/C at sight.
Shipment time: Within 3 weeks after confirming order.
We take photos of every stage of the process and can send them to you. Before we ship the container, you will have photos and lab test results.
Provide quality after-sale service once the container is received.
In case the product is damaged, we will refund you or resend a new packaging.
Also, if the goods are not as per your specification, we will callback the container at our cost, or compensate you as per our agreement.
Send Your Message
Any question about this product, please feel free to contact.